Conversations for Making an Appointment
These are examples of phone conversations for making an appointment. You can use these phrases for all types of appointments.
Appointment with a Doctor
- Receptionist: Hello, this is Midtown Medical Centre.
- Sara: Hello. I’d like to make an appointment to see the doctor, please.
- Receptionist: Have you been here before?
- Sara: No, I haven’t.
- Receptionist: Ok. Can I have your name please?
- Sara: It’s Sara Jones.
- Receptionist: I have an opening at 2:30 this afternoon. Is that ok?
- Sara: Yes, that’s fine.
- Receptionist: We’ll see you soon.
- Sara: Thank you. Goodbye.
Appointment for a Hair Cut
- Receptionist: Good morning, Hair Design.
- Kate: Can I make an appointment with Michelle, please?
- Receptionist: Is it for a hair cut?
- Kate: Yes.
- Receptionist: When do you want to come in?
- Kate: Do you have something on Saturday afternoon?
- Receptionist: Yes, is 4pm ok?
- Kate: Yes, that’s fine.
- Receptionist: What’s you name, please?
- Kate: It’s Kate Smith.
- Receptionist: Ok Kate, we’ll see you at 4pm on Saturday.
- Kate: Thanks. Bye.