Conversations at a Restaurant
At the Restaurant
- Waiter: Can I help you?
- Lisa: A table for two please.
- Waiter: This way.
- Waiter: Are you ready to order?
- Lisa: Yes, we’ll have the chicken with vegetables, and the vegetable pasta please.
- Waiter: Anything to drink?
- Lisa: Just some water please.
After the Meal
- Waiter: Can I get you anything else? Coffee? Dessert?
- Lisa: No, just the bill please.
Making a Reservation
- Mike: I’d like to make a reservation for 2 people on Friday night.
- Waiter: What time would you like?
- Mike: 8:00.
- Waiter: We don’t have anything available at 8:00. Is 7:30 ok.
- Mike: Yes, that’s fine.
- Waiter: Your name please?
- Mike: Mike Smith.
- Waiter: Ok, Mr Smith. We’ll see you at 7:30 on Friday.
- Mike: Thank you. Bye.
- Waiter: Goodbye.